Construction Safety Manager
Tampa, FL 33614 US
JOB DESCRIPTION – Construction Safety Manager
We are looking for a reliable Safety Manager to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace.
As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
What is needed in this role:
- Proven experience as Construction Safety Manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
- Preferred OSHA and CPR Trainer Certified (but can help with this if needed)
Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
What can you expect?
· Competitive salary/package
· Healthcare benefits, sick pay
If you are a Construction Safety Manager, please apply now! Only local candidates will be considered for this role.