Madison, WI 53558 US
JOB DESCRIPTION – Controls Engineer
We are seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for the design and development of new, and upgrade/retrofit of existing intelligent systems and industrial controls. You will work with new and existing customers and leverage modern technologies and practices to streamline their control systems. You will be responsible for system concept design, component selection, proposal development, project execution and customer support.
What is needed in this role:
- Previous experience in industrial automation, process engineering, machine controls or other related fields
- Programming from scratch and modifications of PLCs, HMIs, Servo Drives, Vision Systems and other automation components for new equipment.
- Experience with Factory Talk View SE Client/Server Distributed architecture
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Highly interested and practiced in emerging technologies in the automation field
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Good work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel to customer’s for design reviews, start-ups, and troubleshooting support
Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Create and improve automated systems and processes using PLC, HMI/SCADA, VFD/Servo, and various sensor technologies.
- Support the installation of both mechanical and controls upgrades
- Conduct cost-analysis to determine advantages of system improvements
- Research and implement new machinery and controls
- Troubleshooting and support of existing equipment and control systems.
Coordinate with manufacturer/vendor specialists on the selection and design of automated solutions for various industries
- Engage in every part of the project cycle from sales and estimating through design, delivery and closeout
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay
If you are a Controls Engineer, please apply now! Only local candidates will be considered for this role.