Director of Construction (Mixed Use)
Indianapolis, IN 46204 US
Seeking a Director of Mixed-Use Construction. This individual will be accountable for the construction planning, organization, scheduling, budgeting, and execution of developed mixed-use real estate investments.
- Lead pre-construction efforts including site due diligence, constructability reviews, construction management plans, and project scheduling.
- Lead conceptual estimating and value engineering efforts from concept to completion.
- Manage the Architectural/Engineering design process from design development through permitted construction documents.
- Coordinate final project design scope and construction documentation with various stakeholders.
- Manage general contractor/construction manager contract bidding and negotiations.
- Prepare, obtain approval of, and monitor actual construction budgets inclusive of owner furnished furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Provide timely and routine reporting on active projects with a focus on quality, budget, schedule, and risk management.
- Perform routine project site visits.
- Close out construction and final punch list items.
- Coordinate operational turn-over to management, including training, final punch, warranty transfers, and close-out of any remaining open issues.
- Provide owner’s representation on all major capital expenditures for existing Multi-family and Hospitality assets.
- Performance of the duties of this position requires extensive knowledge of multi-family construction, and must be familiar with hospitality construction, including site work, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and architectural considerations, and other utilities and landscaping
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required; candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple internal disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of construction budgeting and cost estimating are required; candidate will be expected to have a general understanding what current construction costs are based on the type of construction and location of each development and the ability to fine tune this assumption through market input
- Proven supervisory skills are necessary
- B.S. degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of multi-family construction management experience across multiple markets with familiarity of hospitality construction