Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN (WEEKLY PAY w/Benefits - Long Term Contract)
Petersburg, VA 23803 US
Pay Rate: $29-$38/hr - $1, 160-$1, 520/week depending on experience and shift.
Shift: Evening (3: 00 p.m. - 11: 30 p.m.)
HIPAA Access - Level One
Purpose of Position:
To perform selected skilled patient-centered nursing care to individuals and groups of patients with complex mental and physical illnesses under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides a variety of patient care such as administering medications, maintaining patient records, and assisting in the treatment and direct care of patients. This care is provided in accordance with established standards of care and practice and Institute policies and procedures.
Required to successfully perform the work:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of practical nursing and pharmacology. Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, judgment and skill as clearly defined by licensure regulations, to provide treatment and care of patients with mental illnesses as well as physical illnesses.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to implement a variety of nursing actions and individualized treatment interventions in complex care situations, as well as identify indicators of risk that should and must be reported to a Registered Nurse or physician.
- Ability to provide teaching for individuals and groups that promotes independence in personal care and daily living.
- Ability to provide and accept positive and corrective feedback.
- Ability to collaborate, problem solve and negotiate with peers, colleagues of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team and all departments and disciplines.
- Ability to utilize effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacology, psychiatric and physical conditions and biopsychosocial needs of patients.
- Ability to adjust and adapt care to patients’ developmental and cultural needs.
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification required for entry into position:
- Graduation from an accredited practical nursing program.
- Prior experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse preferred or previous
- direct care work experience in mental health.
- Current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the
- Commonwealth of Virginia.