Columbus, OH 43220 US
What is needed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or similar
- Minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, estimating and purchasing
- Strong communication, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Sharp analytical skills
Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Performing a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Serving as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Working with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
- Making recommendations to the Chief Estimator and Client for contemplated expenditures.
- Supervising Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay