Crawfordsville, IN 47933 US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the US Director of Manufacturing, this position is accountable for the effective management, control, monitoring and upgrading of all aspects of manufacturing within the Manufacturing facility, including but not limited to the areas of production, quality, planning, industrial and mechanical engineering, accounting, human resources, materials control, training, maintenance, and clerical support, to achieve the highest quality product at the lowest cost while maximizing customer satisfaction.
The position is directly responsible for managing an aggressive safety improvement effort within the manufacturing facility and eliminating unsafe acts and conditions with the operations environment.
Additional charges include:
- Development of the appropriate systems, policies and procedures to enable a competitive, disciplined manufacturing organization, including driving the implementation of TQC, SPC, TMP, and JIT.
- Manage capital and human resources to produce the highest quality and consistent product at the lowest cost. This embodies a customer oriented on-time delivery performance with the shortest possible lead times; i.e. successful implementation and usage of a JIT environment.
- Execution and enhancement of an advanced manufacturing plan based upon high quality, low cost and reduced cycle times. The execution will involve the latest advanced manufacturing techniques and will need to be conducted within an atmosphere of continuous steady improvement (Kaizen).
- The team atmosphere needs to be maintained and enhanced to a true quality of work life level with a safety program in place through both constraints and leadership example. The training and development of employees are key elements within the framework of the human resources plan.
- Maintenance of Plastics image in the community as a progressive people-oriented quality of work life non-union employer.
- Leading the efforts toward preventive, predictive, and total productive maintenance systems in a manner which results in maximum equipment up time and control.
This position is responsible for a 200+ person plant operation. It requires complex management and organizational skills.
- Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
- Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
- Complies with all OPEX (Operational Excellence) policies, procedures, and guidelines required of them in their current role; completes all required training, audits, and compliance tools.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in managing within a Production facility.
- A Masters Degree is highly desirable.
- Experience: Five years of on-the-job experience as a Manufacturing Operations Manager would be required to perform the job in an acceptable manager.
This position requires an extensive background in manufacturing management, knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques including industrial statistics, and a thorough knowledge of the products, processes, markets and customers. Demonstrated human relations skills to develop and motivate an organization are fundamental. Analytical, administrative, and managerial skills are necessary. This position requires a formal education or its equivalent in both a business and technical discipline.
1. Address standing, bending, walking, twisting, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, crawling, balancing, whether job requires full range of body mechanics. If on the floor could be subject to any of the above
2. Lifting and carrying requirements and frequency. Up to 40lbs
3. Whether use of ladders, stairs, climbing, working on platforms is required. NA
4. Ability to use and work near power tools, manufacturing equipment, utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). If on the floor will wear appropriate PPE
5. Address need for fine manipulation. NA
6. Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality. Yes
7. Ability to engage in shift work. NA
8. Whether travel is required. Limited
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment includes exposure to: [examples may include, high decibels, temperature and weather variations, metal welding processes, and chemicals which may include…] If on floor could be exposed to any of the above but will wear appropriate PPE
Up to 25%