Asheville, NC 28715 US
What is needed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or related field
- 1-4 years of experience working in commercial construction or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles
- Experience using construction management software
- Strong communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Coordinate with project architects, designers, owners and field personnel.
- Manage project subcontractors and offer technical information to project supervisor to ensure work complies with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Coordinate change orders, job site equipment, assist in the preparation of estimates, and compile data to assist in analyzing project progress.
- Responsible for generating RFI’s.
- Assist the Project Manager in all phases of the project.
- Provide support to field staff when necessary.
- Ensure that proper tools/paperwork are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work.
- Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Review drawings specifications.
- Prepare all project meeting agendas.
- Review invoices. Check for accuracy & compare to cost to complete forecast.
- Distribute all punch lists to ensure timely completion of work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay
- Potential relocation expenses paid for the right candidate