Property Accounting Manager
Carmel, IN 46032 US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and direct the day-to-day multifamily property accounting functions – payables, receivables, general ledger, fixed asset accounting/depreciation, etc.
- Manage the closing process to ensure accurate and timely financial statements to both internal and external parties.
- Reviews all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting in accordance with company policies
- Oversee accounting system administration- users, interface setups, security, reports, etc.
- Approve multifamily accounts payables and utilities funding requests
- Preparation and/or review of account reconciliations
- Oversee or prepare lender reporting, escrow reimbursement, and loan draw requests
- Act as administrator for company bank accounts, borrower online sites, etc.
- Coordinate the annual audits and review of audit reports
- Assists with annual property budget preparation
- Prepare or review the tax workpapers for external CPA firms for tax return preparation
- Coordinate real estate property transitions (acquisitions, dispositions, etc.), provide information during due diligence, book the closing entries, track post-closing settlement adjustments, etc.
- Assist with the quarterly investor distribution process
- Supervise, mentor, and coach staff in duties and process improvement projects
- Assess and maintain adequate internal controls over cash processing and accounting records
- Communicate with multiple internal and external contacts
- Complete other tasks and information requests as assigned by CFO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting required
- Multifamily real estate experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience required
- AppFolio accounting system experience a plus Excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills