Registered Nurse/RN (WEEKLY PAY w/Benefits - Long Term Contract)
Richmond, VA 23173 US
**W-2 EMPLOYEE WITH BENEFITS OPTION**
HIPAA Access - Level OnePay Rate: $35-$50/hr - $1, 520-$2, 000/week depending on experience and shift.
Shifts are: Evening (3: 00 p.m. - 11: 30 p.m.), Night (11: 00 p.m. - 7: 30 a.m.)
Organizational Mission Objective:
To support the wellness and safety of individuals and their communities throughout the Commonwealth.
Departmental Mission Objective:
To support the hospital mission by providing comprehensive, person-centered nursing care that promotes health and well-being as well as recovery through the use of the therapeutic nurse-patient relationship, interdisciplinary processes and psychosocial principles. This care is provided twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
Purpose of Position:
Registered Nurses at Clinician A Level are experienced nurses who provide quality care to patients on the road to recovery from mental illness and they are direct supervisors for other nursing staff members.
- Use the Nursing Process to asses, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care delivery as reflected on the nursing parts of the individual’s interdisciplinary Treatment Plan
- Create healthy interpersonal interactions with patients on adult acute admissions, intermediate service, extended rehabilitation service, forensic service, and maximum security units
- Maintain accountability for individuals we serve while they are in a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment for both forensic and non-forensic patients who have mental illness as a primary diagnosis
- Administer medications, provide treatments, assist in patients/family activities and education, and other direct care services
- Collaborate assertively as part of an interdisciplinary and interdepartmental team to provide, observe, communicate, and encourage interventions, treatments, and behaviors that promote holistic well-being
- Demonstrate professional leadership as a Primary Nurse, Charge Nurse, Medication Nurse, and/or Treatment Team Nurse
- Utilize nursing experience and education to assessing and meeting patient care needs with the individual and family
- Supervise, counsel, and document evaluations of interim, probationary, and annual performance for Direct Service Associates and other assigned staff.
- Require License or eligibility to practice as Registered Nurse by Virginia State Board of Nursing in the State of Virginia.
- Require graduation from an accredited school of registered nursing. BSN preferred.
- Strongly prefer experience in providing nursing care in healthcare setting according to the Nursing Process.
- Strongly prefer experience working with people with mental illness, geriatric issues, and/or substance abuse.
- Strongly prefer supervisory experience.
- Expectations, including Measures for Core Responsibilities, are clear, well communicated, and consistent with CSH’s Mission, Vision, and Values (MVV), as well as to the goals and objectives of the nursing department.
- Fosters employee growth and development by recognizing positive employee behaviors that embody the MVV.
- Staff members receive frequent, constructive feedback, including interim and other evaluations as appropriate. Holds staff accountable for performance and outcomes.
- Uses a variety of methods to manage performance through coaching, mentoring, counseling, referrals, and discipline.