Residential Senior Estimator
Columbus, OH 43220 US
What is needed in this role:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or similar
- Minimum of five years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, estimating and purchasing
- Strong communication, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Sharp analytical skills
Other responsibilities (Overview):
- Responsible for the value engineering process during preconstruction for the assigned projects.
- Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Take lead role in Lump Sum (LS) bids.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that detailed General Conditions/Requirement (GC/GRs) estimates are prepared, and review with others as needed.
- Manage the Estimating Engineers and Assistant Estimating Engineers, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to projects to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations and Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and information that can be developed and used as a “rule of thumb” for all building systems estimated costs.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction to monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered within timeframes allotted.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- Derive systems quantities for Building Information Models (BIM) and other estimating software in order to provide complete estimate.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary/package
- Healthcare benefits, sick pay